Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wait!!! Not Like This......

Have you ever prayed for something, got what you wanted, but didn't want it to happen the way it did? Whoa!! I have, but I keep trusting God.

I had a season in my life where I knew I wasn't living for the Lord, the way I should be. I knew my relationship with Him was slowly diminishing. I began to pray, asking God, to heal my relationship with Him, make me whole again, and teach me to trust Him more, and let me feel His presence, once again. He did just that!! Only, in my mind, I thought my prayer would've been answered differently.

Psalm 37: 4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. (NKJV)

Another word for 'delight' is 'rejoice' - And, I was rejoicing in the Lord; So thrilled He was listening and hearing me; He was going to wrap His arms around me and hold me, again - the desire of my heart - to be close to HIM!

Commit has the general idea to 'place into an other's charge'; Another word for 'commit' is 'entrust' - committing with trust and confidence. This is the very thing I was beginning to learn and to follow through with, only I didn't know what was coming my way. But, I was delighting (rejoicing) in and committed (entrusted) to Him!

After several long months, even up to a year, my life was spinning around me. I knew God was working on me and I was letting Him; for I was trusting Him and believing for the best - crying, at times, but He always held me close.

I eventually got what I wanted, the desire of my heart, to renew my relationship with the Lord, but did I want it the way I got it?? It wasn't my decision on how it happened - It was His - He knew what I needed, at that moment!! ..... What I got next was......Devastation! I lost a lot in the earthly realm, but gained much more in the spiritual realm.........I did pray, "do what ever it takes" to restore my relationship with You, Lord" - - He did!! Our growth doesn't happen our way......

Isaiah 55: 8  "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. (NKJV)

I never thought my journey would go this way - MY WAY IS NOT HIS WAY - but, I continue to delight in - 'rejoice' in and commit to - 'entrust' - putting it all in the Lord's hands, knowing He wants only the best for His daughter!! It could have all turned out differently, if I had interfered, but God had and has a plan - He allowed some painful choices to be made, in order for His work to be done in me - the journey may be painful - but, there is a purpose in the pain. We must remain 'open' for Him to work, regardless!!

God has been, and is with me, with each breath I take!! It's been a rugged journey but He has carried me and sometimes even had to drag me along side of Him when I couldn't muster up enough energy to carry on. My relationship with Him is greater than it's ever been - I rely on, look to, call upon, talk to, cry to, and TRUST Him with EVERYTHING in my life, now. I give Him ALL the GLORY, for who I am and who I am becoming! I had to get out of the way so God could do His work. As I said before, it can be very painful, at times, but God knows what we need, when we need it and 'He will finish the work He began'.....in me.......and you! (Philippians 1:6)

I love Him more today and trust Him more than I realized possible!!! I will continue to Rejoice, Trust & Commit to Him - - - No matter the cost - - - His ways are the best!!

Getting out of the way......So He can work!

1 comment:

  1. Dear sister "GodzGirl" good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog "Grounds4Growth4Women" and a post on your blog dated 20th April 2013 "Wait!!!not like this.."
    Thank you so much for sharing your life's experience. It is a blessing one who reads it. I am a Minister of the Word of God and have been in the Pasoral ministry for last 33 yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted and to give new life, future, purpose and hope in their lives. We also encourage young as well as adults from the West to come on a short term missions trip to work with us. We would love to have you come and encourage our women in the Body of Christ. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God willing I will be in the States and will be so glad to meet you and share more about our ministry and also need to equip our women in the church. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete

With God All Things Are Possible

With God All Things Are Possible