Monday, December 9, 2013

God's Leading

Have you ever felt God leading you in a direction and not understood why? This has happened to me and I've talked to many people who have had the same experience.

Months ago, I knew God was leading me to do something and I did it, being obedient to Him. At the time, I really didn't understand the reason, but I knew God wanted me to follow through with what He had just placed upon my heart. With a little doubt, I obeyed but questioned Him for a thought, as to why He had led me in this way. After a little while, I was confident that I was acting in a way that God truly wanted, and became excited about the journey He had me on.

Isaiah 30: 21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left. (NKJV)

It became apparent, after a few months, as to why God was leading me in a certain direction. It wasn't for the result I had anticipated, but He did reveal the reason to me. Often times God has us do something that doesn't produce the outcome we are looking for, but it will always be the outcome that will grow us and be for our good.
 
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (NKJV)
 
When it became obvious as to what God was doing - which was nothing like what I thought - I responded to His leading once again. Alot of times, God has to send us in one direction in order to show us the real direction He wants us to go. His reason for this is because more often than not we try to do things 'our way'. This can delay our progress, of course, but will always be for our good, further into the journey. We must learn to TRUST Him so that our progress will always be forward and that He will always get the glory!
 
Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (NKJV)
 
Yes, ALL things work together for good, whether it's something good or bad, when we follow Him. We can always look back and see God working - sometimes it's easier to see it back there than right here in front of us - so keep moving forward with Him (and for Him). He is with us each step of the way; we just have to trust Him and believe He is molding us into the person He wants us to be - not what we want to be.

 
 
He is the Potter - We are the clay.......


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

With God All Things Are Possible

With God All Things Are Possible