Wednesday, August 7, 2013

U Turns

D0 you ever make plans for a vacation and get so excited that all you can think about is your destination? I think we all do that.

As I headed out of town recently, all I could think about was where I was going. In doing so, I made a couple of mistakes. Almost missing my first exit, I suddenly had to slow and vere quickly. Since I was back on track, my destination filled my mind, again. This time, I completely missed my turn and had to continue another mile, in order to turn around. Don't you love the people that designed the 'cut throughs' in medians?? Me too! So, a mile later I was able to make a U-turn, all in hopes of getting back on track.

This happens in life, also. Sometimes we get so focused on where we think God is taking us that we miss parts of the journey. But, God also allows U-turns - whether we are slightly off track or totally off track. Either way, He wants us to turn around and will guide us back to Him! So thankful for that!!

Each part of our journey is important; don't miss one!! We all get in such a rush to get 'there', that we overlook the 'little things', at times. Just like missing the exit, we may make a bad decision or miss the whole decision process, missing what's been placed in front of us.

Enjoy the journey, every detail of it! ..... Focus on God and where you are at the moment - He will direct your path!

On a journey with Jesus ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

With God All Things Are Possible

With God All Things Are Possible