Monday, May 21, 2012

Where Are You, Lord??

Do you ever feel like God has abandoned you?

I know there are times, when we go through difficulties, that we don't understand why things are happening, but we have to remember God IS in control. We all ask "why?" on occasion, but we really need to take a closer look at the situation. Were we disobedient? Did we step out of God's Will? Did we make a bad decision? Or, is it just something that came our way? We must remember, too, that no matter what put us in the adversity, it was filtered through God - He knew BEFORE it happened, it was going to happen.

Keep in mind, everything that is allowed in our life, no matter how it happened or why, God's ways are not our ways.

Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God knows the plans He has for us - not for disaster, but for a future and a hope. (HCSB) Everything we face will help us grow, learn to trust God, and become more like Him. He only wants His best for you (and me).

I've prayed for several years that God will do WHATEVER it takes to make me more like Him - Wow! He is doing just that. I will never be exactly like Him here on earth, but he is doing a "total makeover" on me. It has not been "total fun", but my prayer is being answered. I could say, "this is the worst year of my life", but I will not because it is really the best year - I am closer to God than I have been in many years.

So, the next time you (or I) ask, "Lord, where are you in this?", know that He is in our midst - Instead of asking, "why?", Thank Him for the work He is doing. Embrace it, Trust Him, Keep moving forward and Believe His Word - Philippians 1:6 'being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.' (NKJV)



Thanking God for always being near!

**This is an extention of my last post, "Spiritual Surgery" - This is what is on my heart right now - God IS working in and on all of us - WE have to let Him work, accept what He wants for us, believe His Word and trust Him during the bad times, too. He promises to never leave us nor forsake us - that means He goes through the difficulty with us.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

With God All Things Are Possible

With God All Things Are Possible